Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Facts: Insurance company paid minimum payments on credit card while credit cardholder was unemployed. Insurance company sent 1099 in 2002 for total of payments made to the credit card.

Question: Can this 1099 "income" be offset by any of the premium payments paid to the insurance company? I.e., is there some way of reducing this 1099 "income."
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.