No. of Recommendations: 0
I received a call from Assets Maximiser regarding my VISA card which I always pay in full each month. They informed me that I must take out fraud protection for $369 for a period of ten years, payable at $3.09 per month, which amount will appear on my credit card bill. They stated that they were under contract with VISA and that if I did not take this protection out they would notify VISA who would lower my credit line and possibly cancel my card. They were rude and not very well-spoken. Is this a scare tactic to get me to fork over the $3 a month or some legitimate charge that VISA is conning us into? Would appreciate any advice on this real or unreal situation. Thank you.
Print the post Back To Top
WHAT A SCAM!!!!
DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT AGREE TO THIS!!!
Call Visa pronto and complain. I hope you got the name and number of this joker.

I received a call from Assets Maximiser >>>>

It is pretty easy to tell whose assets they are trying to maximize!!! LOL!!!
hunnypot is right. This is a scam!! Contact your Visa provider and tell them to watch out for any charges for protection insurance and that you DID NOT authorize it.

Ester
I received a call from Assets Maximiser regarding my VISA card which I always pay in full each month. They informed me that I must take out fraud protection for $369 for a period of ten years, payable at $3.09 per month, which amount will appear on my credit card bill. They stated that they were under contract with VISA and that if I did not take this protection out they would notify VISA who would lower my credit line and possibly cancel my card. They were rude and not very well-spoken. Is this a scare tactic to get me to fork over the $3 a month or some legitimate charge that VISA is conning us into? Would appreciate any advice on this real or unreal situation. Thank you.

To reiterate what you've already been told, this is absolutely a scam, and absolutely bogus! You do not need this, nor do you want this.

You should definitely notify Visa as well as file a complaint against this company for their misleading tactics!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Gee, sounds like a scam to me. Smells like a scam to me. I think I would call Visa and ask. If this company did this to me and I carried no balance, that card would be gone in a heartbeat.

Catleen
Packardhill writes:

I received a call from Assets Maximiser regarding my VISA card which I always pay in full each month. They informed me that I must take out fraud protection for $369

Let me phrase this as gently as possible:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! What BOZOS!!!

Visa would never do something like this. Call up Visa (not your credit card company: Visa itself) and tell them what's going on.

Also, there's a credit card regulatory agency floating around somewhere. It's mentioned on http://www.firstscams.com , but I don't remember it off the top of my head. Write to them about this B.S.

It's possible that this is not from your credit-card company, but instead the work of someone who got your name and number from them. Call and write your credit-card company and explain the problem.

If you don't get a good response, it's clear that your company can't be trusted. Cancel your card and get another one (or not) from a reputable company. Your credit union may have a good deal. If not that, try Citibank. People hardly ever complain about them.
I received a call from Assets Maximiser regarding my VISA card which I always pay in full each month. They informed me that I must take out fraud protection for $369 for a period of ten years, payable at $3.09 per month, which amount will appear on my credit card bill.

Usually answers to questions on this board are grey instead of black and white, but it sounds like we have a unanimous position here: scam-o-rama! What happens if people agree to this and close their accounts before the ten years is up? They might owe the unpaid balance of that $369. Scary.

By the way, keep up the good work paying that Visa off each month!

Makatak
Advertisement