UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MoneyBee One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308722  
Subject: Credit Report Date: 5/16/1998 6:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I want to get my credit reports from the the Big 3. Over the last month or so there have been several offers by commercial companies to get your credit reports for you. The one that caught my attention offered to combine all 3 credit reports into one. Has anybody out there tried a combined report? If you have tried out the combined have you also tried the 3 agencies separately? What would be the advantages/disadvantages (if any) of combined vs separate? Any other thoughts on using the commercial services (privacy issues?) over doing it yourself?

Looking forward to the responses :-)

Just Buzzing Along
FoolBee
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AustinFool Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1653 of 308722
Subject: Re: Credit Report Date: 5/18/1998 4:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
<< What would be the advantages/disadvantages (if any) of combined vs separate? Any other thoughts on using the commercial services (privacy issues?) over doing it yourself? >>

Well... a disadvantage of using a combined service is that it will cost you more. By what I've seen, they charge over $35 for their "service."

Getting the individual reports cost $8/each maximum (cheaper or free in some states).

Author: HelloWorld Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1654 of 308722
Subject: Re: Credit Report Date: 5/18/1998 4:15 PM
>> Well... a disadvantage of using a combined service is that it will cost you more. By what I've seen, they charge over $35 for their "service." <<

I agree. No point paying someone for what we can easily do ourselves.

>> Getting the individual reports cost $8/each maximum (cheaper or free in some states). <<

If you request your credit report after being denied credit based on their contents, then the report is _always_ free. You're also entitled to a free copy of the corrected report.

Even if you haven't been denied credit, $8 is a worthwhile investment considering how frequently erroneous information shows up (as I learned when applying for mortgage!!)

--Mike

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement