UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: komombo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308643  
Subject: Credit reports Date: 8/29/2002 11:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm a new Fool trying to do my own Happy Dance with regard to my credit reports. I have no more debt and I am working now on living below my means. I had some some heavy CC debt in the past ('94 - '98 all debts paid in 2/99!)and now i am trying to get items removed from my reports.

To my knowledge, negative items MAY remain on your report for seven years. They do not HAVE to be there. Can't the orignal creditor remove negative items (like late payments) even if they are accurate but they cannot find the information or if enough time has passed (say 3-4 yrs)?

thanks for any help

komombo

Print the post Back To Top
Author: sockwonder Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 137935 of 308643
Subject: Re: Credit reports Date: 8/29/2002 12:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Can't the orignal creditor remove negative items (like late payments) even if they are accurate but they cannot find the information or if enough time has passed (say 3-4 yrs)?

Yes, possibly. I wrote to WFNNB about my Micro Center store charge. I had one 30-day late notation from 2 or 3 years ago on my account. I wrote to them begging for their forgiveness, thanking them for giving me second chance, and asking that they remove the notation. They wrote back saying that they were so happy to have me as a customer, and they'd be delighted to remove it. MBNA on the other hand told me to.... well... they said NO.

Author: rah1420 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 137942 of 308643
Subject: Re: Credit reports Date: 8/29/2002 2:54 PM
Recommendations: 0
MBNA on the other hand told me to.... well... they said NO.

Figures. Pee on them. Can't wait till that damn card is shredded.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement