Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: youngr Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9954  
Subject: CREF-403(b)7 Date: 7/14/2000 10:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The discussion about 403(b)7s was very interesting. I have a payroll reduction account with TIAA-CREF and their annuities that must be a 403(b), although I haven't ever heard them called a 403(b). I would like to have the option to move to a mutual fund company (I'd like to put it into stocks, but I know that's not allowed.) for better returns and control over my money. I'd rather not mess around with an annuity.

Am I nuts? Everyone seems to think TIAA-CREF is great, but if the annuities are the only option, wouldn't it be better to go to a regular mutual fund that gets the same returns with the same or possibly lower fees?

The information at Vanguard about their 403(b)7, said that the employer needs to sign a form. Is that the fund company's form or an IRS form?

Lastly, Vanguard said that they have a $10/year per fund fee. Other than that they have low expenses. Taking that $10 per fund into account, does that make other companies more competative with expenses?

Thanks for the help.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.