UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49426  
Subject: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/21/2012 5:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Now that white pages are not so reliable for finding people, I subscribed to People Smart. They offer several levels of service, but the basic one includes relatives and associates and often finds people from their maiden name.

For extra charges you can order complete records and criminal records. But I am amazed at the number of people who have criminal records. That there are criminal records on the individual comes up on the basic service. Details cost extra.

Job hunters should note how easy it is to find criminal records these days.

I would presume that many of these are old marijuana possession charges. But alas, it looks as if they follow you for years.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48941 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/21/2012 5:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

I would presume that many of these are old marijuana possession charges. But alas, it looks as if they follow you for years.

I would think that the person doing the seeking is going beyond just accepting the records return.

This stands out to me:

but the basic one includes relatives and associates and often finds people from their maiden name.

When I was in college, there was a girl at my school who was just a year behind me who had the same name. Fortunately, we're both law abiding citizens, but since we also shared several other connections (she married one of my classmates) I'd hate to think how confusing it would be if one of us happened to have a criminal record and someone made the mistake of keying in the wrong person.

We get calls quite frequently from people looking for a guy who has DHs last name, but a different first name. They don't usually want to correct their records when they find out they're calling the wrong person.

LWW

Author: mmrmnhrm Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48942 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/21/2012 6:54 PM

Possession? Or perhaps something much less sinister, like 69 in a 55 or rolling through a stop sign?

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48943 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/22/2012 2:46 AM
A co-worker of mine from 1992-1995 Had "Vanity" Plates in the State where I was then living. She wrongly thought her plate as unique to her auto -- NOT so at all. The plate was the exact same plate that a Criminal Drug Dealer had. She only realized that when a Swat-Team crashed through the doors of her College-town home. The next year she dumped the "Vanity" plates which cost extra $$$ anyway.

BTW when the authorities "BUST-down" a door and damage property they do not repair the property unless you file a lawsuit against the City, State, or Federal Agency that did the damage. When filing that action, always name the individual officers involved in the action as well.

Kahuna, CFA

Author: RHinCT Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48944 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/22/2012 9:25 AM
The state where you were then living had a totally incompetent motor vehicle registration system if it allowed duplicate license plates to be issued.

Author: mmrmnhrm Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48945 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/22/2012 10:02 AM
It's quite possible that the drug dealer had those plates, let them lapse, and then coworker picked them up. In the meanwhile, dealer either didn't get new plates at all, or got but didn't install them. In Ohio, we have our plates, and an annual colored sticker for renewal. The sticker has the plate number printed on it, but unless you look real close, it's too small to read. Thus, if you're pulled over and it's got the right month-color combination, I doubt most officers would stoop down to look and see if the plate number on the sticker matches the plate number its affixed to.

Author: Rael137 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48946 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/22/2012 11:11 AM
Recommendations: 2
It's quite possible that the drug dealer had those plates, let them lapse, and then coworker picked them up

In retrospect, getting a plate with LUVCOKE on it may have been a mistake.

Even if you are a real fan of Coca-Cola®.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48947 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/22/2012 11:28 AM
A co-worker of mine from 1992-1995 Had "Vanity" Plates in the State where I was then living. She wrongly thought her plate as unique to her auto -- NOT so at all. The plate was the exact same plate that a Criminal Drug Dealer had. She only realized that when a Swat-Team crashed through the doors of her College-town home. The next year she dumped the "Vanity" plates which cost extra $$$ anyway.

Interesting. We've tried to get vanity plates before and the name DH tried to use had already been taken. I know some common vanity plates (first name,sports team reference, etc) will allow you to put a number after the name. In high school, I went to school with "Tommy5"

LWW

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48948 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/22/2012 1:00 PM
69 in a 55 or rolling through a stop sign

State laws vary, but I would be surprised if minor traffic tickets got you a criminal record most places. Of course there are some more serious charges that certainly might.

Repeated DUI will get you a jail term in many states.
Leaving the scene of an accident?
Speeding over certain limits is usually careless and reckless
Drag racing
at fault accident with serious injury or death
resisting arrest. failure to stop for an officer.

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48949 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/22/2012 8:18 PM
Absolutely, It was the Chicken Shi? State-of-Kansas. Brownbeck the do Noting Sen. in-the pocket of the Koch brothers of Wichita.

Kahuna, CFA
Venture Capital
General Partner

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48950 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/22/2012 8:25 PM
I went to EHS. Fifth class Reunion this year I want to go, my wife , 1979 -present does NOT. We did attend the 10-year Reunion 1972. I will actually only attend if and only if the Dutch Foreign-Exchange student Addt attends.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48951 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/24/2012 10:17 AM
In Ohio, we have our plates, and an annual colored sticker for renewal. The sticker has the plate number printed on it, but unless you look real close, it's too small to read. Thus, if you're pulled over and it's got the right month-color combination, I doubt most officers would stoop down to look and see if the plate number on the sticker matches the plate number its affixed to.

We used to have the stickers for the license plates, but it became apparent that criminals will steal them, so we went to a windoe sticker instead. The campaign to change it used the motto "If they can't peel it, they can't steal it"

Now we just have to get the registration updated each year with a new window sticker and you keep the same plate for seven years unless you switch to vanity plates or your plates get damaged.

LWW

Author: RHinCT Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48953 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/27/2012 1:54 PM
Connecticut took the next step and eliminated the stickers completely. There is no longer any way to tell if the registration is current just by looking at the car. Offsetting that are the portable computerized license-plate reading/checking camera devices that are getting all too popular with local police forces.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48954 of 49426
Subject: Re: Criminal Records--People Smart Date: 8/29/2012 2:05 PM
Offsetting that are the portable computerized license-plate reading/checking camera devices that are getting all too popular with local police forces.

Do you have mag stripes on your driver's licenses? We do, so now the nice officer that pulls you over can just swipe it to verify that your have current insurance, registration, etc. But he can still pull you over if the inspection or registration sticker is out of date. Revenue makers, that's what those window stickers really are ;0)
LWW

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement