No. of Recommendations: 20
A businessman who spent 18 hours in custody after he tackled a man who was raiding his mother's house says 'the law stinks.

Vaughan Jones, 39, from Bargoed, in Gwent, South Wales jumped into action when his widowed mother heard a thief burgling her family home.

He called police before dashing around to help his mother Eleanor, 65, and confronted the burglar in a hand-to-hand struggle.

But the dad-of-three was left shocked when officers arrived and arrested him for allegedly assaulting the thief.

He said: 'I couldn't believe it. I said to them: 'Are you real?'.

'I told them I was acting in self defence. When they took me to the police station, I said 'The law stinks'.

Ms Jones was roused by the burglar when a pebble was used to smash her patio doors. She called her son who found the burglar and grappled with him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231996/Businessman-...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

---

Too bad he didn't live in Texas......

There, you'd likely hear 'Bang Bang Bang Bang' and the police would come and not soon after the body of the dead perp would wind up at the mall and the newspaper headline would read: Burglar shot dead my son defending mom in her own house". Cops praised the son for protecting his mother from a repeat criminal offender.

However, in your Nanny State England, and what Barack wants here when you lose your gun rights, you can't own a gun, no less use it, and if you 'injure' the perp, he'll sue you for damages, but you can't sue him for damages to your place or yourself, even if you wind up paralyzed or injured for life. He gets off with a 'warning' for 20th time burglary. You go to jail.

t.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
what Barack wants here when you lose your gun rights

Barack is coming for you, t.

No escape now.

Might as well go quietly.

Peter
No. of Recommendations: 2
Barack is coming for you, t.

No escape now.

Might as well go quietly.

Peter

I know you are probably being facetious Peter, but I really hope there are no significant change to 'gun rights' or the 2nd amendement which will be a real possibility if one conservative supreme is replaced.

Let's look at the numbers. Over 100 million gun owners in this country, of which many are in law enforcement and the military and agree with the NRA.

Let's just say 1/4 have the 'cold dead's hands' mentality, like I do BTW.

That's 25 million people that believe they will die before they allow the gov't to take away their right to defend themselves and their families. Add to that that most of us believe that once you take away our guns, the gov't has carte blanche to do whatever it wants to.

Ya, call us fanatics if you want to. Regardless, 25 million people that just say "No Fraking Way".

It will be bloody. It will be a civil war. Do liberals realize that? Do they really want to go there?

decath
dec That's 25 million people that believe they will die before they allow the gov't to take away their right to defend themselves and their families. Add to that that most of us believe that once you take away our guns, the gov't has carte blanche to do whatever it wants to.

When I was young, high-school age, I was virulently anti-Communist. I lived in Alabama. My friends in this effort would tell me about how dictatorships would arise by first registering everyone's guns and then taking them away.

We are talking 55 years ago. I've been hearing this same horror tale for fifty-five years.

Now consider an actual example: Iraq under Saddam Hussein. Most households owned a Kalashnikov rifle which they would shoot into the air with abandon at weddings. Did that make them free? Not at all, because when your neighbors or your enemies rat you out to the secret police and they come knocking on your door at midnight, it doesn't matter how many guns you have. If you fight back, it just means that your entire family will die. And if all your neighbors join the fight, it means your entire village will die.

The government always has bigger guns than you do.

So cling to your guns and cling to your fears and myths.

I'm not going to try to take your guns away.

Peter

Peter

That's because I'll blow anybody's frakking head off if they try.

It's a reality. Regardless of what liberals believe with their utopian BS, we are not going to relent.

So again, do liberals what to try and go there. How much is having a 'gun free' society worth to them?

decath
No. of Recommendations: 3

That's because I'll blow anybody's frakking head off if they try.
It's a reality. Regardless of what liberals believe with their utopian BS, we are not going to relent.
So again, do liberals what to try and go there. How much is having a 'gun free' society worth to them?

This is a perfect window into modern alternate-reality conservative thought.

Liberal: "I don't want to take your guns away, and I will not try to do it"

Conservative: "Oh no you won't take my guns away, I'm gonna start shooting, OMG LOOKOUT THEY JUST SAID THEY'RE COMING FOR OUR GUNS!!!!!"
dec That's because I'll blow anybody's frakking head off if they try.

LOL.

Well, you won't be emigrating to any other country, will you?

I hope you like Obama's America. And Hillary's after that.

Peter
Ziege19
This is a perfect window into modern alternate-reality conservative thought.

Liberal: "I don't want to take your guns away, and I will not try to do it"

Conservative: "Oh no you won't take my guns away, I'm gonna start shooting, OMG LOOKOUT THEY JUST SAID THEY'RE COMING FOR OUR GUNS!!!!!"

That is entirely my point. I exagerated slightly, but that is how gun owners feel for the most part. Even if liberals are right, they are not going to change there minds.

So then, why do liberals want to go there?

decath
LOL.

Well, you won't be emigrating to any other country, will you?

I hope you like Obama's America. And Hillary's after that.

Peter

Andy they can stay in power as long as they leave the 2nd amendment alone.

decath
Andy they can stay in power as long as they leave the 2nd amendment alone.

decath

Are all 25 million this easy?

Peter
When I was young, high-school age, I was virulently anti-Communist. I lived in Alabama. My friends in this effort would tell me about how dictatorships would arise by first registering everyone's guns and then taking them away.

We are talking 55 years ago. I've been hearing this same horror tale for fifty-five years.

Ignorant of history aren't we? You must reckon it cannot happen here.

The government always has bigger guns than you do.

Yeah, but there are a lot more of you.

So cling to your guns and cling to your fears and myths.

Peter

Better to die standing up as a free man than to grovel on one's knees as a slave.

Mike
Are all 25 million this easy?

Peter

With the election results, personally, I've conceded the fact that America has changed fundamentally. I knew it was coming...and it is now here.

The 'takers' outnumber the 'makers' and they've elected a radical leftwinger..twice.

I have no optimistic beliefs a conservative will ever be elected to the Presidency again....Hell....truth be told...we've not had one since Reagan. Each Republican candidate progressively get's more liberal and statist.

Anyway, my point is that, ok. Dems will rule. But there are still enough of freedom loving, self-reliant Americans that will fight for their beliefs.

As long as Obama/Biden/Hillary or any other radical leftwinger that rules our empirialist country reframe from attacking our 1st and 2nd amendment rights, we live in peace with them.

decath
No. of Recommendations: 1
Better to die standing up as a free man than to grovel on one's knees as a slave.

Mike

Well said Mike. A philosphy that liberals completely cannot grasp. It is foreign to them.

Having a SUV, big screen and 75 average degree comfy home? That's what they understand.

Fighting for what you believe in? Not so much.

decath
I said
As long as Obama/Biden/Hillary or any other radical leftwinger that rules our empirialist country reframe from attacking our 1st and 2nd amendment rights, we live in peace with them.

I'll even pay higher taxes, begrudgingly, but I'll pay them. After all, it's only money.

But force me to betray my beliefs? I will fight to the death.

decath
Having a SUV, big screen and 75 average degree comfy home? That's what they understand.

Fighting for what you believe in? Not so much.

Ever been to Europe?
dec Anyway, my point is that, ok. Dems will rule. But there are still enough of freedom loving, self-reliant Americans that will fight for their beliefs.

Here is the truth: if we actually had a dictatorship try to establish itself in the US, I would be glad for your resistance, and I would join your side.

I just don't think that is very likely.

BTW, in an actual war, hand guns are not a major factor.

Peter
dec Having a SUV, big screen and 75 average degree comfy home? That's what they understand.

I drive a diesel VW that gets 40 mpg overall, have no TV at all, and heat mostly with wood.

But I'm sure your stereotype applies to all the other liberals. :-)

Peter
"Ever been to Europe? "

Yeah..I was there a few times.

One time I went on 'the cheap'...in Germany stayed at 'guest houses' where ladies recruited visitors to their rental rooms.

most had a lightbulb - dim.....in talking with the folks who had them, usually little old ladies...electricity rates even back then were 25c/KWH.....and they barely had bulbs that lit....saving money. Like 15w bulbs in a room. Duh!...

and heat? Well, most thought 'room temp' was 60 or so.

cars? Germany has lots of cars. Lots of them will go 140 mph on the Autobahn and get 7 mpg...... and it has lots of econoboxes that rev to 7000 rpm with their turbo engines that last at best 50K miles before they self destruct. That's due to tax laws on cu inch displacement.

You can have the high cost of living....there...the high energy cost. the high gas prices. The high food costs. The high cost of eating out. the high cost of everything and where they get about 70%of what you make in taxes.

t.
Peter: "I drive a diesel VW that gets 40 mpg overall, have no TV at all, and heat mostly with wood.

But I'm sure your stereotype applies to all the other liberals. :-)"

I got a 20 year old regular 25 inch TV.....I'll use it till it dies.....

My around town car is a Prius that averages 45 mpg........more if I take it on trips.

I heat with NG.......but the summer cooling bills are not fun to pay.....

I had a house with a wood stove.....and used it...when I was in VA.....

Not enough fire wood here in suburbia to make it even a consideration. Have to move to east TX for that..and over there...lots of wood heat....

t.
I got a 20 year old regular 25 inch TV.....I'll use it till it dies.....

t

My 1988 Zenith 25 inch console finally died and I replaced it with a 42" LED-LCD HDTV. Very nice upgrade (Blu Ray is great) even though I still watch very little tv - don't have the time since I'm still a working serf <g>

Mike
most had a lightbulb - dim.....in talking with the folks who had them, usually little old ladies...electricity rates even back then were 25c/KWH.....and they barely had bulbs that lit....saving money. Like 15w bulbs in a room. Duh!...

and heat? Well, most thought 'room temp' was 60 or so.

cars? Germany has lots of cars. Lots of them will go 140 mph on the Autobahn and get 7 mpg...... and it has lots of econoboxes that rev to 7000 rpm with their turbo engines that last at best 50K miles before they self destruct. That's due to tax laws on cu inch displacement.

I hope the guy who thinks liberalism is all about SUVs, cranked up thermostats and big televisions is reading this.
in Germany stayed at 'guest houses' where ladies recruited visitors to their rental rooms.

Was the rent by the hour?

--fleg
"That's because I'll blow anybody's frakking head off if they try." - decath

I just finished watching Caprica and am now in the process of watching Battlestar Galatica. I just finished episode 4. I was rather shocked by how much they used the word "frakking" on that show. I'm guessing it's a by-word for for the coarse Old Germanic word for sexual intercourse? What else could it be?

After help from ya'll, and especially Michael Read I finally bought a Roku for our 32" Sony TV that is in our living room. The Roku actually comes with the composite 3 way, red, yellow, and white, cables and the connectors are right on the little Roku box. I've been streaming all kinds of Netflix shows on our TV. I watched the American Version of Being Human, Land Girls about British Girls in WWII who went off to work the land, Caprica, and now Battlestar Galatica, etc.

Thank ya'll for your help. Roku is the best thing ever!

Artie
I just finished watching Caprica and am now in the process of watching Battlestar Galatica. I just finished episode 4.

Terrific show. My advice - watch up through season 3, the two-part episode called "Exodus". It provides a nice, satisfying payoff in a way that the rest of the series just doesn't. It was all downhill from there.
"Terrific show. My advice - watch up through season 3, the two-part episode called "Exodus". It provides a nice, satisfying payoff in a way that the rest of the series just doesn't. It was all downhill from there." - Ziege

Oh I'll watch the whole thing in order. I'm retired so I have plenty of time. I'll watch 2 or 3 shows a day till I finish it and then start something else.

Roku is the best thing ever!

Art
Oh I'll watch the whole thing in order. I'm retired so I have plenty of time. I'll watch 2 or 3 shows a day till I finish it and then start something else.

Roku is the best thing ever!

Have you turned off your cable yet? If not for a roommate addicted to a couple of current shows, mine would be a memory.

Yikes. That's way too hot for me.

Yikes... my poor eyes couldn't take that. I'd have to do all my reading in the daytime.
"Have you turned off your cable yet? If not for a roommate addicted to a couple of current shows, mine would be a memory." - Ziege

Oh no! I have shows almost every night I like to watch. I just finished watching The Big Bang Theory, 2 1/2 Men, and Vampire Diaries. On Sunday Nights I have 4 shows that I like to watch, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Dexter, and Homeland. When they are on we also watch True Blood, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Hell On Wheels. I also watch the ABC Wednesday Night Comedy lineup.

Plus Pawn Stars, anything with Anthony Bourdain in it, Swamp People, Dangerous Catch, and both the British and American "Being Human" series.

We also get Netflix DVD's in the mail. We watch those whenever we can. We got the Avengers in the mail today and tomorrow we are supposed to get the new Spiderman movie on disc. <grin!>

Art
Ziege19
Terrific show. My advice - watch up through season 3, the two-part episode called "Exodus". It provides a nice, satisfying payoff in a way that the rest of the series just doesn't. It was all downhill from there.

I'm a BG fan myself. I was in HS when the original series came out, just before VCR's became affordable, so I made sure I was home every Sunday night to watch it.

It took a little getting used to with the remake, being so dark. But I'm a 'hard scifi' guy so it grew on me. I could have done without the 'who is hoping in bed with who' stuff. It just does not do anything for me when I'm tuning in to find out how the future of mankind pans out. <g>

I liked the ending of the series. That it was pretty well done.

decath

Andrew
Yikes. That's way too hot for me.

Well, my point was that as long as people (not just liberals btw) have their creature comforts, things like faith, character, honor etc.. seem to be a thing of the past now that we are in the 21st century.

We are sacrificing security and freedom for material things. The 'entitlement mentality' amonst the democrats is obvious. But let's face it. It is alive and well in Republicans as well. Look at the average 'conservative' household. There precious sons and daughter's are driving nice, new cars provided by 'daddy' when they turn 16. You know most of them are not working jobs.

I've battled this with all 3 of my kids. They see what other's get and they resented me for requiring them to get jobs and help pay for their own transportation needs. DS got over it quickly. DD#1 never has. DD#2 is now a senior and is just a 'bear' about it. No wonder when every single girl on her volleyball team was giving a car by their parents or grandparants. One recieved a brand new Mercedes sports car on her 16th. Another got a new Chevy Camero.

BTW, that cute little blond that drives the Mercedes sports car is a little B... I witnessed one of her tirades on the phone one day when she was over at the house, screaming at her mom. What a little 'entitlement' b...

I find that obnoxious. Even if you are rich, you are a moron for buying your 16 yo a 100k car.

I'm a relic of the past and I know it. But like I said, I won't go done without a fight.

decath
Oh no! I have shows almost every night I like to watch. I just finished watching The Big Bang Theory, 2 1/2 Men, and Vampire Diaries. On Sunday Nights I have 4 shows that I like to watch, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Dexter, and Homeland. When they are on we also watch True Blood, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Hell On Wheels. I also watch the ABC Wednesday Night Comedy lineup.

Plus Pawn Stars, anything with Anthony Bourdain in it, Swamp People, Dangerous Catch, and both the British and American "Being Human" series.

We also get Netflix DVD's in the mail. We watch those whenever we can. We got the Avengers in the mail today and tomorrow we are supposed to get the new Spiderman movie on disc. <grin!>

Art

Here is the list of shows I watch regularly, most are scifi:

The Walking Dead
Alphas
Wharehouse 13
Arrow
Revolution

Sitcoms:
Big Bang Theory
Office
Parks And Recreation

decath
decath"Here is the list of shows I watch regularly, most are scifi:

The Walking Dead
Alphas
Wharehouse 13
Arrow
Revolution

Sitcoms:
Big Bang Theory
Office
Parks And Recreation"

I haven't seen a single episode of any of them. Not a one.

----

What I watch

1) Antiques Road Show
2) History Detectives
3) Pawn Stars
4) AMerican Pickers
5) American Restoration
6) auction Kings
7) Storage Wars - but it is getting old fast
8) John Stossel

Columbo movies (repeats) on Sunday nights

and some Judge Judy or People's Court episodes...

Is there really prime time TV on network TV?

Oh...and an occasional football game...

t.

Lots of the History Channel and
I've never seen any of those shows. I watch Shark Tank and Blue Bloods and that's it. Now that the election is over, I'm 50% weaned off the news, too, and feel a whole lot better for it.
Forgot to add

Dexter
Falling Skies (another post apocolyptic scifi show)

I sounds like I watch a lot of TV. What we do is catch up during the winter time when it is cold, wet and dark outside by watching from netflix or the dvr.

decath
"Forgot to add: Dexter" - decath

I think this is the last season for Dexter.

Art
Advertisement