Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 40
Sad, but true. One of my faves is no longer with us.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248564&post=true

~aj
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 12
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248564&post=true

I had definitely noted Charles' absence and been wondering about his well being. From his self-descriptions, his physical body wasn't all that healthy... but from his community participation his spirit was as alive as they come!

He'll be missed.
No. of Recommendations: 8
It's odd to feel the sad for the loss of someone I've never met or spoke to. Modern electronic times, I guess.

Rest in peace, Charles; they'll love your deft touch around the grill up there.

6Spd
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thank you Josie for sharing this with the board and for sending me the link!

As I've been posting on the boards, I will be collecting and forwarding all mail sent to Karen. E-mail me Offline and I'll give you my address.

Also, the BBQ Board thread will probably always have the most updated info I have and would be your best bet to keep up with what I've recently heard.

I don't know that I'll be able to respond to every post myself as I have so many e-mail already coming in, but I will "lurk" here and gather posts for Karen.

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 10

Not so much that he was one of my faves also, but it's an honor to know that I was one of his.

Here is one of his all time best jokes.
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19563235&sort=username

Jesse Jackson is visiting a primary school and he visits one of the classes. They are in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asks the Rev. Jackson if he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy". So the illustrious leader asks the class for an example of a "tragedy".

One little boy stands up and offers: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a runaway tractor comes along and knocks him dead, that would be a tragedy.

"No," says the Great Jesse Jackson," that would be an accident."

A little girl raises her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," explains the exalted spiritual leader. "That's what we would call a great loss."

The room goes silent. No other children volunteer.

Rev. Jackson searches the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally at the back of the room a small boy raises his hand.

In a quiet voice he says: "If a jet carrying the Rev. Jackson were struck by a missile and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!" exclaims Jackson, "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be tragedy?"

"Well," says the boy, "because it sure as hell wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be an accident either."

No. of Recommendations: 16
I really can't believe this. This is truly sad. My eyes are welling up with some tears as I write this.

As Dwonhoff mentioned, I also wondered why Charles hadn't been posting recently.

I knew that he had health problems. Charles was quite open about his severe weight problem - he once mentioned that he was over 500 lbs. He was an open person, that's what we loved about him. And he was OK with it when people kid with him about it !!

My memories of Charles was that he was never hyper political. You could post something that was counter to what he believed, but he never responded with any sharp verbal jabs, that many of us (including me) are known for. He would always respond with a personal appeal of some sort - he was good at winning people over.

This may be an overused phrase, but Charles truly was a gentle soul.

I must admit, there have been several Fools who have passed on over the last several years.....Charles Robinson is the FIRST who has brought tears to my eyes.

We love you Charles....may you rest in peace, our dear, beloved friend.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Take a run over to CE as well, several of Charles "old friends" dropped notes on this thread.......

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248854

Bill - Charles was very well regarded in these parts - by a great many of us. Thx again for the heads-up.

KBM (RIP "my man"........)
No. of Recommendations: 5
I'd like to see everyone who didn't already have Charles as a favorite fool do so so he can get the trophy in perpetuity.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Went to his profile, to read some of his last postings. He would have been 52 next month.

May his soul find eternal rest and Peace.

No. of Recommendations: 3
Charles's obituary is in today's Washington Post.

www.legacy.com/washingtonpost/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=86753695

An account is needed in order to view it and to access the Guest Book.

I've added links here...

www.bbqfools.com/crobinso.php

Please pass the word.

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 3
Bill--

You've done yeoman's duty on Charles' passing. It's a great service you are doing. Thank you.

--Peter
No. of Recommendations: 2
Thanks Peter.

You've done yeoman's duty on Charles' passing. It's a great service you are doing. Thank you.

I'm sure any other Fool would have done the same had they spoken to Karen first and she asked them for thier help.

ßillƒ
Advertisement