Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: IKan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63908  
Subject: CRYing Date: 3/22/2000 6:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
CRY may stand for Cryptologic - TSE but it is starting to become apparent that the hype over its new NASDAQ listing is crying downhill. Its stock price is becoming more associated with "Crying the blues" than an internet company riding on the internet wave.
Closed today at $49, down from its pre-Q listing high of $68.

Just a short observation.
I'd hoped the new listing would produce a little spurt before its obvious eventual, IMHO, dying off. O well! So much for short term speculation!!

IKan
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MetaFaust Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12903 of 63908
Subject: Re: CRYing Date: 3/23/2000 7:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Closed today at $49, down from its pre-Q listing high of $68.

Just a short observation.
I'd hoped the new listing would produce a little spurt before its obvious eventual, IMHO, dying off.
O well! So much for short term speculation!!

This seems to be common for TSE stocks that cross-list on the Nasdaq. They get a big run-up in anticipation of the Nasdaq listing, but then often drift down afterwards.

Mathew

Author: Timbit Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12907 of 63908
Subject: Re: CRYing Date: 3/23/2000 8:52 AM
Don't worry about CRY. It will be back. Fundamentals are strong so even if it takes another quarterly report to convince investors, I'm willing to wait. However, I doubt you'll have to wait that long.

Would have been nice though if we could have got a bang out of the NASDAQ listing though.

Long on CRY.

Timbit

Author: btemple One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12918 of 63908
Subject: Re: CRYing Date: 3/23/2000 1:20 PM
Fundamentals are strong so even if it takes another quarterly report to convince investors

I agree Timbits, the company is strong all around. Excellent balance sheet, good margins, good revenue growth- an internet based business that actually makes money. Low PEG- I think it is a good value right now. Unfortunately the NASDAQ's recent turmoil has probably masked the debut of the stock, however in the long run, good companies have good stocks. Long as well (since $18 bucks- you people really should listen to me more).

BRAD

Author: dwhunter One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12928 of 63908
Subject: Re: CRYing Date: 3/23/2000 5:03 PM
Brad,

Any word on what they might do with the almost $40M USD in cash? They have had a treasure trove for a while now ($30M in March of 99). I think they should either use it to buy something or distribute some of it to you shareholders. That's a lot of cash to just sit in the bank...

Thanks,

Darren

Author: bkin Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12934 of 63908
Subject: Re: CRYing Date: 3/23/2000 9:45 PM
Don't forget that they can buy back some of their own shares which they have indicated a great desire to do. I agree that the story has not changed on CRY and again the stock slipped a bit on an excellent NR re spanish gamming software that will once again add mega $$$ to thir bottom line. Time will tell.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement