No. of Recommendations: 9
my current situation:

My plan:

1. Boost income obviously. DH will take on all possible overtime. As he is a land surveyor business is booming in the summer and he made over $1,000 every paycheck from june-october last year. I applied for a few part time jobs and put up babysitting fliers...hopefully will get a call soon.

2. LBMM I have already read a bunch of posts and have slashed food/paper/pets/sundries drastically. I am cooking at home and we have quit eating out. I have had a yard sale and will be doing another along with a consignment sale my town has twice a year.We are going to stay in 3 weekends a month and play around the house. The weekend we go out we will be hitting yard sales for the kids winter clothes and DHs work clothes. I will have $20 a month for this and this is our only mad money as of now.

3. DH will change exemptions at work to give us $20 more per paycheck but I totally forgot that we have his disability/life insurance to pay monthly now as we didn't save up the premium for the year so this will be $42/month and that will eat up the extra money.

All extra cash will go to the $3400 Discover bill and whatever balance is left 2/07 when teaser rate runs out will be paid off with our tax return. The rest of tax return and DH bonus will be saved for next year property tax and to fund my freedom fund and efund that I dream of having next year.

We'll see how it goes. I am happy just to have a plan as little as it is. If I didn't join TMF I would of had NO plan so I have to start somewhere right? I have also decided to stick with just me doing the bills and maybe once we get where we have enough money to live comfortably my DH will get some responsibilities and we can get our own fun money accounts. I'm going to post every paycheck so I can show our progress and get feedback. thanks so much already!!!!!

slow and steady...
Print the post  

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.