UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2194  
Subject: Curriculum for Financial Management Date: 12/7/2011 3:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My sons' high school is revamping their Financial Management class, and are looking to update their curriculum. I gave them one link with a bunch of spread sheets and calculators, tools to look at and analyze their options being it rent or buy and many other real estate based calculators and spreadsheet: http://www.mortgage-investments.com/resources/

Do you have any favorite websites they could use for content? Once upon a time I would have referred them to TMF, but it's become one big ad.

IP
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2102 of 2194
Subject: Re: Curriculum for Financial Management Date: 12/7/2011 11:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Wow. I'm stunned that a high school has a financial management class.

Ishtar

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2103 of 2194
Subject: Re: Curriculum for Financial Management Date: 12/8/2011 7:37 AM
it is not uncommon in my area

peace & a requirement at some schools
t

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2104 of 2194
Subject: Re: Curriculum for Financial Management Date: 12/8/2011 12:52 PM
Wow. I'm stunned that a high school has a financial management class.

It's a pretty cool class. They examine how the interest on a credit card can affect the overall price of things, investing in the stock market, real estate, IRAs, etc., as well as the more basic budgeting and keeping a check book. It's a half-year elective and Eldest will be taking marketing the second half. His teacher has an undergraduate degree in marketing with a masters in education, so it should be pretty good.

From time to time there are issues with our school district, in particular the middle school, but all in all it's pretty fabulous.

IP,
having no problem paying our relatively high taxes given the quality of the school district

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2105 of 2194
Subject: Re: Curriculum for Financial Management Date: 12/8/2011 2:25 PM
I could only dream such a thing would be offered here.

Ishter

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement