Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
With a subject line like that I think maybe I ought to be looking for a plumber. Any way I've been lurking on this board for a while and was hoping to get some input.
I'm looking to start a few drip accounts for minor children. That in itself poses no real challenge. However 3 of the accounts will be for NR Alien children. I had planned on listing myself as custodian for the accounts in order to make it easier to keep up with future investments using my bank acount. Will this cause unneccessary complications as far as taxes or would it just be treated as if the account was for a NR alien? Or are there any suggestions as to a different route to take?

Thank you in advance

Mr Lumu
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.