UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TheHotFool Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3080  
Subject: cynicism and burnout!!!! Date: 12/18/2003 12:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 29
Dollar,

I have been reading and thinking about your posts!

Bear with me and try to follow my thought pattern......

I have volunteered --- or worked serving the community ever since I
can remember!!

When this Elf project looked like it was going to be "put on the burner", I pondered for a couple of days before I volunteered!

Why? -- lack of "give a s***" -- holiday blahs -- lousy work hours - and lousy work conditions -- who knows. But, I volunteered!

Why working in the emergency department, I have seen some true abuses of the system versus the system actually working. And to be quite honest, Our system doesnt work!!!

But, instead of being apathetic, I get angry -- I voice my concerns --I tell you my likes and dislikes -- and I will tell them to whoever will listen!!!

I REFUSE to use the word "burnout" in my vocabulary -- To me, when you say you are "burned-out" -- you truly dont give a tinker's damn about what is going on in the world!!!!

As for the cynicism, I tell you the system doesn't work -- but I try my damnest to put people in there who I think truly need it!!!

If I truly had burnout/cynicism -- trust me -- you would not see my fat butt on this board!

I NEEDED TO DO THIS PROJECT! -- to again instill the fact that man --no matter what the race/ethnicity/public opinion, is inherently good!!

I have walked through this house today and at a couple of times, caught myself tearing up --- Why? -- Why should these fools do what I have asked them to do????

Compassion, faith, unconditional love -- YOU TELL ME!!

These people don't know me from Adam -- yet I am sitting in a house filled with gifts of love and good will!!

I think it all boils down into how you want to look at your life and how you decide which path to take!!

Me, I have decided to save the world!!!!

I may not like what I see along the way, but it's going to be one hell of a ride!!!!

A good friend told me that I have went through the three stages of life....

first stage ..... I believe in Santa Claus
second stage ..... I don't believe in Santa Claus

and the third and final stage.............

I AM SANTA CLAUS!!!!!!

And you know something --- I like this stage in my life!!!

Uncle Jeffy

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement