UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: spedblavio Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 794  
Subject: Re: And away I go Date: 4/7/2003 2:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Damn, rubok spilled the beans. Now we'll have to come up with a new secret strategy.

Regarding T:

I have a lot of respect and appreciation for her, she has been one of my most important teachers. But I've come to the conclusion that I can't and don't want to trade like her.

She has taught some great principles, but in actual practice there's a lot of discretional element to her trading that is difficult to get across. I have the impression that many of her students do not realize what a delicate balance is involved in the execution of her techniques. There are many small details that work together synergistically, and if you try to bend those details too far the whole thing falls apart. I do believe that it works for her, but I think it's easy to get into trouble or at least get discouraged trying to duplicate it.

Perhaps the main thing I would point out is that she trades with some size. Not huge, but certainly not one contract. To be fair, she has pointed out that someone trading one contract shouldn't be taking all the trades she does, but I don't think that message is present clearly enough, and there is no guidance to speak of about holding on for anything more than a hit & run.

Surely there are many ways to skin the cat, but for me at least, I am more and more convinced that if you want to do this with one contract or small size, you need to be able to hold through some retracements to make it worth it (and be willing to take a lot fewer trades). T gets away with what she does due to size, and due to the fact that her account and experience allow her a more casual attitude towards her trading than most of us can muster. Plus she has Paul chipping away at stock scalps, making a little more income, and again getting away with things that are worth it only because of the size he can swing, thanks to T.

So, I've learned a lot at trendVUE. But now I'm finding I have to unlearn some of it. So it goes.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement