Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: brendan65 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 947  
Subject: Re: I cannot be bothered Date: 4/18/2004 5:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Danny. I think it's great that you are posting. Please keep on doing so. I really hope that more of you reading these messages will do so.

I particularly want to hear about how people are coping in a sober world like I am. I am sure we can all get something out of a post if we tell our stories. But we have to keep in mind that if we focus on only the negative we can not help but feel bad. I sure do. So I propose that for every drinking story (usually bad) we try and include an UP story or comment to help us feel like there is hope. No matter how trivial it might seem- there must be something good happening out there to someone.

I think that there should be no fear of receiving a negative remark or worse still, an insult, if we are just telling our stories. I directed part of my post to V and I expected a response and most likely a rebuff. That's okay with me.

I had a dream last night that I was with my partner and I took a few gulps of sparkling wine by mistake. I was so shocked that maybe this was the start of the end! I remembered the glare my girlfriend gave me. Luckily it was just a dream. But now that I think about it I remember being at a dinner function a couple of months ago where I was drinking barley tea and I picked up a glass of beer totally out of habit. The smell of the beer snapped me out of my lapse of concentration. I am glad to say that I have not had even a sip of alcohol for 9 months.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Why is Everyone Still Earnings-Obsessed?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement