Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 167986  
Subject: Dare I say this here? Date: 10/5/2012 1:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
A recent addition to restaurant row in West Palm Beach is being applauded for its great food and drinks.

There was much controversy about the name of the restaurant however finally, after much discussion and wringing of hands for most of the summer, "Fuku" was permitted to hang out its sign and open to the delight of many of us.

Just for information, FUKU is Japanese for "good fortune" and we wish them well, in spite of the winking/blinking and horrified looks of visitors and the more rigid among us..

(I just had to share this....with somebodies/someplace)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156087 of 167986
Subject: Re: Dare I say this here? Date: 10/5/2012 6:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
And then there is the Phuket Thai restaurant. http://www.phuketthairedondo.com/
I guess the Taiwanese language does not pronounce "ph" as it is in the English language.

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156089 of 167986
Subject: Re: Dare I say this here? Date: 10/5/2012 7:07 PM
Recommendations: 1
"And then there is the Phuket Thai restaurant. http://www.phuketthairedondo.com/
I guess the Taiwanese language does not pronounce "ph" as it is in the English language."

Bob, Bob, Bob!

Taiwan's language is Chinese. Thailand's language is Thai.
Don't start a war between them :-)

~aj

Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156103 of 167986
Subject: Re: Dare I say this here? Date: 10/7/2012 3:11 PM
Recommendations: 0
Bob, Bob, Bob!

Taiwan's language is Chinese. Thailand's language is Thai.
Don't start a war between them :-)

Oops! I certainly didn't intend to cause an international incident. I guess I need to study up on my geography, culture, and language.
;-)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement