Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PeterTColt Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18  
Subject: Dark Tower Date: 10/2/2004 12:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Now that Stephen King has finally finished his epic work "The Dark Tower" , I am planning to start reading it. Has anyone read it all, and if so what did you think of the books.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: gabereal Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17 of 18
Subject: Re: Dark Tower Date: 10/9/2004 11:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
The book was great. The series was great. In fact, he has managed in the past ten years to tie almost his whole fictional universe into this series. All great.

But man, I really thought the ending was a cheat. Some may think the ending is awesome, but I think it's a cheat.

Author: GameMaker Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18 of 18
Subject: Re: Dark Tower Date: 10/16/2004 12:36 AM
Peter -

I'm about halfway through the third book.

FWIW, I have subscribed to Audible.com, and download the books-on-tape version so I can listen to it at the gym.

The first book took a bit of work to get through. Kindof boring, slow-paced. It picks up nicely in the second, and so far the third is pretty good too. I'd say give it a whirl, but don't necessarily make your decision on the first book alone.

Enjoy.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement