Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rstone11 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121187  
Subject: Datek 1099s Date: 1/30/2000 9:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just received my Datek 1099. It only shows the SELL side of the transactions, greatly inflating the "line 2" amount! When I called their helpdesk, they said I would have to match the BUY side transactions myself!

Does this sound right? I can't imagine trying to resolve that with the IRS.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Crosenfield Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26364 of 121187
Subject: Re: Datek 1099s Date: 1/30/2000 10:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Absolutely standard. When you bought each stock, they sent you a confirmation. When you sold, they sent another one. You match those up and for each transaction note a profit or loss. Each pair goes onto Schedule D. The IRS knows this is the way these things are done so you do not have a problem.
Regards, Chris

Author: jh4986 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26376 of 121187
Subject: Re: Datek 1099s Date: 1/30/2000 1:02 PM
Plus, Datek sends you an e-mail confirmation as well.

jh

Author: edrohr One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26513 of 121187
Subject: Re: Datek 1099s Date: 1/31/2000 8:20 PM
My DATEK 1099 only lists about 20 Sell transactions of the 140 Sell transactions in 1999. This is a play (non-IRA) account with a lot of activity.

Any ideas?

Ed

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement