Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JMagill Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 34  
Subject: DATM Good for the Long-Term Date: 10/26/1997 11:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
After attending a Red Chip Review Conference, I bought 100 shares of DATM at $26.25. The stock got hit again and fell over 28%. I bought another hundred shares at $19.25.

The company has some interesting products. It is #1 or #2 in all of it major product markets. It provides timing devices for most of the cellular market, such as in base stations. The market for timing devices for computer networks also has good potential.

I see the greatest potential for DATM in the cellular market. Cellular is a relative young industry and has tremendous growth potential. Markets like China and many other underdeveloped countries need to develop their telecommunications infrastructures, and DATM provides a product that will be involved in this development.

Their timing products help control the flow of information in cellular and computer networks to allow for the most efficient flow of information.

The beauty of DATM is that there are tremendous barriers to entry in this industry because of the necessary R&D and specific knowledge about atomic and other types of timing devices. DATM's largest competitor is Hewlett-Packard. But I understand that DATM has superior products to H-P.

Is DATM a takeover possibility for H-P? Who knows. But the future for DATM is bright. Cellular is not slowing down, nor is computer networking. Take advantage of the short-term panic selling.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement