UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: glennandpaige Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 14983  
Subject: Re: FINDING GOOD EMPLOYEES Date: 7/18/2005 2:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Dave:

I just finished reading the E-myth Revisted and am about to read E-myth Master. I agree with this book 100% and am seriously trying to work ON the business, not IN it. Am standardizing my reporting formats, etc. Me and my husband don't want to be the base of the business, we want a life.

Seattle Pioneer: Why do you say I made the mistake of letting the business grow? We have doubled our gross company income for every year of the last five years. This year is looking even better We are happy with the growth and WANT to have employees, as we want to build the company and make the money. We are only 34 so we'd like to generate as much income as possible, saving for the future, and then hand the business over to our son, who is just starting to work with us.

Everyone else: Thanks for the input. I am going to check out the books recommended on interviewing. And I will not settle, even if I am desperate. I will hire a temp if necessary. But I think I'm going to have to spend the money on Monster.

Simon: Just curious, what type of firm?

And not to start anything negative, but I have to say .. I SURE AM GLAD I AM HOMESCHOOLING MY KIDS =)

Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate the help. And thanks for the short mental break from the pile on my desk. Back to work....
Paige
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement