Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Booga23 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 80  
Subject: Re: NYC/NJ/NJ shore Date: 3/29/2002 5:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
David:

Here are some suggestions. I moved up here from Texas a couple of years ago and a dearth of good pinball machines is one of the things that grinds me about the city. I think I've actually haunted out a good portion of the machines in the city, but there may be more. Here's a short list off the top of my head - I've got a list at home that I'll bring to work next week and get you more names of places.

Ace Bar in the East Village (around 6th Street, I think between Aves. A and B) usually has 2-3 machines, which get changed periodically. Last time I was there, one had a "Magic/Magician" theme and one had a "Western" theme.

Max Fish bar. If you're at the corner where Katz's Deli is in the lower east side and head south on whatever street that is, the first bar on the left. Usually has a couple of pins - almost always in TOP condition. My favorite place in the city to play. Some machines that have been through in the past year - Monster Bash, Austin Powers, Monopoly.

A bar at the NE corner of 12th street and Ave. A (can't remember the name) - has Monopoly pinball in good shape (and a nice jukebox).

There's supposed to be some good places in Williamsburg that I've not checked out yet (including one that has weekly tournaments on Medieval Madness) and a Mexican restaurant that I just read about a few weeks ago in the Bronx that's supposed to have several machines. I've also got the address at home of a place with the old Kiss machine. Like I said, I'll pass it on.

Hope this helps some. Sorry I couldn't help more with old machines - haven't really spent much time on the boardwalks.

Drew
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement