UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 274  
Subject: Day 3 Date: 1/24/2006 2:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So, I'm on day three of my most recent headache. My headaches, (due to several neck and back injuries) used to be a lot worse, but I used to have a sure fire way of getting rid of them. Now, they're not as bad, but I can't get rid of them. They just last for days on end. 3 or 4. I'm really worn out and I'm really discouraged. Besides, I have to work tonight and I have to drive 100 miles round-trip to do it.

Caat
Print the post Back To Top
Author: leighsah Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 256 of 274
Subject: Re: Day 3 Date: 1/25/2006 3:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Caat,

I get cluster headaches. They only last 8 or 12 hours, but they only go away for 8 or 12 hours and then begin again. This can last for weeks. If the drugs don't work to stop the cycle, then I force myself to go for a short (less than 2 miles), but hard(like sprint, then run, sprint, then run) run. I may get sick (sometimes even vomit) initially, but invariably the cycle short circuits and the headaches only last a couple more days.

I only discovered this a couple of years ago, but these headaches are so bad that sometimes you can wish you were dead. I would have been willing to do most anything to make them end.

I hope you feel better.

Leighsah

Author: steinbergm Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 257 of 274
Subject: Re: Day 3 Date: 1/25/2006 9:11 AM
Caat,

Sorry to hear about the headache. Besides meds, I find that ice is pretty helpful even when my headache is pretty bad.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

m

Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 258 of 274
Subject: Re: Day 3 Date: 1/25/2006 12:37 PM
I get cluster headaches.

My brother used to get those. They were terrible.

I only discovered this a couple of years ago, but these headaches are so bad that sometimes you can wish you were dead. I would have been willing to do most anything to make them end.

I don't think people really understand how bad they can get unless they've either had them, or lived with someone who's had them.

I hope you feel better.

Thanks, I got through work last night and now it's just a dull ache at the base of the right side of my head. I might take a quarter percocet just to take the edge off, but hopefully it's on it's downside. I can usually tell that because my back starts to hurt so bad. But better that than my head. I have to leave for work at 2:00 today, but at least I'm giving a midterm, so I don't have to lecture or do anything but hand out the tests and leave early.

Thanks, Leighsah.
Caat

Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259 of 274
Subject: Re: Day 3 Date: 1/25/2006 12:39 PM
Besides meds, I find that ice is pretty helpful even when my headache is pretty bad.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thank you, m. Yes, I use ice, but I haven't today. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will do have a piece of toast and then lay down with some ice on my neck and try to reduce the inflammation before I have to get ready for work.

Thanks for your thoughts. :-)
Caat

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement