Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: steel Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 23032  
Subject: Db is Truly Exposed! Date: 8/19/2000 6:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
I took to heart all the various new poster's concerns here recently, especially ilmostro's words of warning. And I decided to undertake some "due diligence" this weekend, and figure out whether we should be corresponding with this dbphoenix. After all, it has really been bugging me that he refuses to post all his trades here, and that he's so obstinate in his refusal to post his investment results over the past 12 years. I mean, what's the big deal? How can I evaluate all his written material unless I know how well he himself has done?

So I flew out to Phoenix to meet this Dbphoenix fellow, and I'm here to report my findings.

And you just won't believe it!

First off, Db is actually female. And she's old too. I mean, really old. In her upper 70's, at least.

I think she was senile, but I couldn't tell if it was that, or if it was the 20 beers she drank while I was visiting. Man, that lady's a lush too!

And here's the biggest surprise of all:

After she got really really drunk, she secretly informed me that she was the original founding member of the "Beardstown Ladies" group who started up an investment club several years ago!

Yes indeed!, the very same ones who wrote that phenomenal best selling investment book based on their "stellar" stock market returns, which were calculated using faulty input!!!

Ilmostro and the other "newcomers", I just want to thank you for saving all of us from this fraud, dbphoenix. If not for your words of caution and incessant questioning about investment results, I would've continued to follow db's "strategies" until I lost all my money! She probably would've bamboozled me out of all my assets eventually, I'm sure.

Please send me your email address so I can send you a WebCertificate to show my gratitude--I can't thank you enough!

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement