UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: slyce One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76  
Subject: DCLK by Jerborx Date: 5/30/2000 12:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
This summary of the Double Click shareholder meeting was posted by Jerborx on the DCLK board. Just wanted to place a copy of it here for later reference. Slyce

The meeting started out with Kevin O'Conner (hereinafter)KOC doing the meeting financials. He was explaining that he had just got back from Brazil and would be leaving for China. They still have 900 million in cash.

The meeting then quickly went to questions where one gentleman was concerned about DCLK and the privacy issue. KOC discussed the new DCLK website http://www.privacychoices.org/ and the new CPO by the name of Jules Polonetsky was introduced. Here is a link to his bio.
http://www.doubleclick.net:8080/company_info/press_kit/exec_bios/jp.htm

He assured everyone that he was also very concerned about the privacy issue and had been a consumer advocate for years. He made it clear that he answers directly to the board. KOC reported that the privacy issue hasn't hurt DCLK and they are getting record numbers of new customers.

KOC went on to explain the differences between the various networks.
1. DCLK Select was the "Mercedes" representing the first 500 largest
2. DCLK Sonar was the "Honda" representing the next 500 to 5000
3. Valueclick then picks up the rest.

When ask about acquisitions KOC responded that he would rather just hire some new people and take the business from them.

A question about profitability was raised and KOC reported profitability would be in the last half of the year. First call has them profitable in the 3rd quarter. The same questioner ask if there would be any surprises and KOC responded comically that then it wouldn't be a surprise would it.

I ask about them serving ads for LCOS and he said they were. I ask why there wasn't a press release and apparently the client is asking them not to do it. I also ask about YHOO and they are serving ads on YHOO though D.F.A.

A lady ask about cookies and she was adamantly opposed to the placing of cookies on her harddrive. KOC explained the need for cookies from shopping cart technology to the personalization of the whole web experience. He explained that they can still target without cookies and most people don't disable the cookies anyway. He discussed the opt-out of DCLK cookies.

He had a short presentation regarding DCLK's decline in stock price when questioned on it. It showed that DCLK was fairing well within the internet category.

A women ask about a stock buy back and I think Stephen Collins fielded that one by explaining it wasn't part of their plans. When ask who their biggest competitor is, he responded with CMGI and print advertising. He reported also that 21% of their revenues now were coming from overseas.

When ask about the 24/7 lawsuit Eliz. Wang answered about the countersuit.

I hope I didn't bore everyone.
Jerry

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

My Big Fat Greek Splat
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement