UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: sgtpp214 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76237  
Subject: Re: CONVERT 401K INTO ANNUITY Date: 11/23/1999 7:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
DDEVENY asked, "CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY "AMMUNITION" TO USE TO CONVINCE HER THAT AN ANNUITY SHOULD NOT BE USED IN A 401K OR IRA"

Sounds like your wife has made up her mind and if she is like mine there probably nothing you say that will change her mind. If I were you I would ask that she find out the following information:

1)What is the yearly percentage she is paying in admimistration fees for her present 401k?

2)What is the yearly percentage she will pay in the annuity and how much of that will Broker Bill get?

3)What is the load she will pay when she buys the annuity and how much of that will Broker Bill get?

Once she has this information ask her if she would take the $ difference between the answer to #1 and #2 and the $ amount of the load in #3 and while driving 65 mph down the highway would she throw it out the window? If the answer is no then she shouldn't buy the annuity, if it yes then no arguement you give will change her mind.

Point out to her that when she sees the $ amount that friend Broker Bill will get when she buys the annuity and the $ amount he will get every year she will know why he is making this recommendation. Also don't be surprised if he is hesitant to give the information as to how much he will get of her money!!

Good Luck, DaveK
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement