UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Allisonh2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 92  
Subject: Dead Board... Date: 11/11/2008 5:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Ok, sorry for not posting. Stopping at Good Will tonight to see what "treasures" I can find. How's everyone else doing?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Peterooster One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70 of 92
Subject: Re: Dead Board... Date: 11/11/2008 7:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Out for a walk one Saturday morning I came across a garage sale. There on a table a nice set of opera glasses by Lemaire with MOP, $2.00 leather case included.Pete

Author: Allisonh2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71 of 92
Subject: Re: Dead Board... Date: 11/11/2008 7:43 PM
Wow, that's quite a deal. Did you sell it on Ebay?
I scrounged at Good Will after work, only thing I found was an unopened 80's trivia game, paid $1.38. We'll see what/if anything it brings on Ebay this week LOL

Author: Peterooster One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72 of 92
Subject: Re: Dead Board... Date: 11/11/2008 7:48 PM
I did not try to sell yet, thinking recession will not help final price.
Pete

Author: LLRinCO Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73 of 92
Subject: Re: Dead Board... Date: 11/12/2008 12:34 AM
I went by a newly opened second hand store. Lots of people milling about, very poor selection. They had open bottles of motor oil, cleaning supplies, etc. Do people really buy that stuff??

Author: Allisonh2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 74 of 92
Subject: Re: Dead Board... Date: 11/12/2008 5:26 PM
I wouldn't think people would want to buy used bottles of motor oil, cleaning supplies etc. Sounds like a junk store downtown here. Suppose if the price is cheap enough, someone would buy it.

Author: Allisonh2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 75 of 92
Subject: Re: Dead Board... Date: 11/12/2008 5:28 PM
I did not try to sell yet, thinking recession will not help final price.
Pete

That's very true. Kind of why I'm holding back on some of my good stuff. The recession hurts sellers on Ebay these days unless it's something really rare. Right now I'm just selling little things on there, not really bringing a whole lot of money.

Allison

Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 76 of 92
Subject: Re: Dead Board... Date: 11/13/2008 6:51 PM
Kind of why I'm holding back on some of my good stuff. The recession hurts sellers on Ebay these days unless it's something really rare.

Yep. That's what DH and I are doing, too. It's a great time to buy, though. I've gotten really good prices on gift cards, for example.

phantomdiver

Author: Allisonh2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77 of 92
Subject: Re: Dead Board... Date: 11/13/2008 11:32 PM
I see that gift cards are becoming quite a bargain. I should try to buy some pretty soon also. You are right, it's a buyers market right now!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement