Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 70811  
Subject: Dealer Invoice Date: 1/14/2013 10:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Where do you go on the internet to get dealer invoice cost without typing in all your personal information?

Used to be edmunds.com but I got MSRP instead when I tried it.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GeeBeeNC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69763 of 70811
Subject: Re: Dealer Invoice Date: 1/14/2013 11:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I'm getting MSRP, True Market Value and Invoice when I go to edmunds.com,

GeeB

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69764 of 70811
Subject: Re: Dealer Invoice Date: 1/15/2013 1:20 AM
Recommendations: 0
Where do you go on the internet to get dealer invoice cost without typing in all your personal information?

Used to be edmunds.com but I got MSRP instead when I tried it.
-StockGoddess | Date: 1/14/2013 10:28:43 AM | Number: 69763

USAA Insurance Company, for one example has a Buying Service for USAA members. Been a USAA member since first Officer's Commission December 1968. Even if you do not use the full USAA buying service, they will provide a Real Dealer Invoice Cost, sometimes adjusted for Manufacturing hold-backs and incentives, sometimes not. There is also the Consumer's Union which publishes the Consumer's Reports magazine.

I generally do NOT need to go to USAA since I have long-time good friends in the auto business who are dealers for virtually all of the major auto manufacturers. Since, I almost always buy from one or several of my friends in the business, I do not need to use a professional buying service.

Kahuna, CFA
Investment Professional
1974 - Present

Author: ToddTruby Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69765 of 70811
Subject: Re: Dealer Invoice Date: 1/15/2013 7:21 AM
Recommendations: 8
I generally do NOT need to go to USAA since I have long-time good friends in the auto business who are dealers for virtually all of the major auto manufacturers. Since, I almost always buy from one or several of my friends in the business, I do not need to use a professional buying service.

But you still need your lawyer, right?

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69767 of 70811
Subject: Re: Dealer Invoice Date: 1/16/2013 2:33 AM
Recommendations: 1
But you still need your lawyer, right? - ToddTruby | Date: 1/15/2013 7:21:52 AM | Number: 69766

It all depends. Sometimes I can do the Legal contract work myself, sometimes I use the San Francisco Law Firm in complex issues in San Francisco, NYC, or on Sand Hill Road in Silicon Valley. It is always decided on a case-by-case basis based on the issues involved.

Kahuna, CFA
Venture Capital Partnership
Founding General Partner 2012
Kailua-Kona 96745

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement