UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (39) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 2121sDad One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7822  
Subject: Re: Send Hil back to Arkansas Date: 11/6/2000 12:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Deannda,

That of course was not meant for you. However, unless you are on the edge of the Democrat Party, Rick Lazio is the best Republican friend you will ever have.

Let me give you one great reason to vote for him.

Under Clinton/Gore, New York has sent an increasing amount of tax dollars to Washington that never comes back, whereas our 'friends' in Arkansas have the reverse, that is, they get more from Washington than they give. Of course, this was such a 'huge' issue for Hillary before she decided where her best shot at winning a Senate seat was. I remember the many nights on C-Span where she indicated her great concern for the LIE and the Westside Highway and the Northway funding programs that were getting shortshrift (ha).

When the Republicans take control of the Presidency, the Senate, and the House, what will New Yorkers have with Hil as Senator #2? Two ineffectual Senators who will have no access to our cash, that's what! And count on more short-changing of New York with such great representation. So, bad highways, bad public assistance for education, etc...The list is so long and pathetic and it makes me slightly angry that some fellow New Yorkers don't get it.

Hence, the educated issue I just raised. If you think Lazio hasn't tried to stay on message and be positive, then you haven't followed what happens. Hillary's people are as vicious as she is. New York is not where her heart is, Deannda; she's trying to pad her resume for something else. Lazio, in case you haven't noticed, has actually been working for us through 4 elections, this being his fifth, and he happens to be one of the most well-liked Congressman in D.C.

He is going to shock many who keep saying Hillary has the lead.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (39) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement