Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Dear Salary Guru,

I'm not sure if you wanted to know about Mexico, Cancun, or our vacation. I'll do the latter.

Club Mediterranee ( my spell-check refuses to let me type it correctly) was perfect for our three generations. When we were younger Club Med was for youngies, singles, newly weds etc. Now they have changed their image.

The accommodations were very comfortable. The day-time pleasant weather enabled you to do whatever you wanted, beach or pool. For the oldies ( my group) there were many enjoyable programs and a daily show. For the younger marrieds there were a lot of physical and out door things...my sons in law loved sailing, table tennis,water polo, a trip to the island...etc. For the children there were different aged "camp" activities...so the 11 year old did not have to be with 7 year old brother etc.

We met for an excellent buffet breakfast, casual lunch, and then you could choose between a more formal steak-house-type sit down served dinner, or a huge and very varied buffet dinner at very comfortable tables...food for kids, sophisticated French food for adults, ordinary American stuff, Mexican specialties...and French style,..a cheese table for my cheese loving husband! There was a third restaurant on the premises we didn't use.

Our daughters and sons in law really appreciated the freedom to be alone, and yet also family activities as desired. There was no hurry or pressure on anyone. The kids would LOVE to go back if Gran and Opa would spend the money!!!!!

Hope this helps. We have heard the one at Ixtapa is not as much fun.

Maryanne
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement