No. of Recommendations: 0
Dear TerinDebbie - As a retired federal employee receiving a civil service pension, I do not believe the NALC could legally stash away part of your earnings, whether or not you have already paid taxes on that money, and not give you the equivalent of interest or dividends or capital gains on that money when you draw it out. You have to contact the NALC and find out exactly what type of a plan you subscribed to. They must also have some literature they can send to you to explain your options. Try to make an educated decision from valid information. From your post, you sound as though you know very little about the type of fund you are invested in. Good luck.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.