Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (63) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JPLenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86536  
Subject: Re: Any news on. . . Date: 10/1/2001 1:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 34
Dear Tony,

I'm not one of the most eloquent writers here on this board. Often I struggle to find the right words to say. I hope you understand. I just felt I needed to write something after reading the news about you losing you job at TMF.

One of my first posts on TMF was on the credit card board. I had a question about how to deal with the theft of my credit cards. You answered with a wealth of information in a gracious manner. Following your instructions and encouragement, I was able to resolve my fraud problem.

While I was there, I started reading post about how to get rid of my credit card debt. Through the encouragement from you and others, I decided to tackle the huge mountain of debt I had accrued. In all the post I read from you, I saw a kind, person who wanted to focus on people improving their financial situation, not the failures of how they got in trouble.

While the struggle was tough for me, eventually I was able to succeed in getting rid of over $30,000 in debt. Your advice was always well thought out and you often interlaced this with some fun and humor along the way.

During my struggles, I came across your board, “Aruba's Island of Revenge”. This is still my favorite board. Sure there has been some heated debates and I'm sure I've ruffled a few people here and there, but overall the people who post to this board are as kind and as caring as you. The people who I have met here have always made a bad day seem not so bad.

While I understand the financial reasons for what TMF did. I still feel sorrow and pain from what these layoffs have caused. While some people will feel that one person was no more important than another at TMF, from my prospective it is different.

The advice you provided me and your humor along the way kept me going toward my financial freedom. For all of this I am truly grateful. Words cannot express my gratitude I feel.

You have truly embodied the motto of The Motley Fool: “To Educate, Amuse and Enrich”. I have been educated, enriched, and most certainly definatly amused by you. Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement you have provided. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Sincerely,

Lenny
…Debt free since Jan 2000

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (63) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Back to the Future Buffalo Wild Wings
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement