UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Gordon66 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1956509  
Subject: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/11/2012 9:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 42
I wonder why it is that the most devout Christians are the ones who seem to have the least qualms about this kind of behavior: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9...

I like how it starts out--five straight blatant, easy to expose lies all in one breadth.

But, since Obama didn't refute these lies in real time, I guess it doesn't matter that Mitt's such a liar. And it's not like having properly informed public might be an ok thing for society.

Gordon66
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823551 of 1956509
Subject: Re: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/11/2012 9:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
libs: a bunch of whiny cry babies when they lose...LOL

Author: FKJacobs Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823620 of 1956509
Subject: Re: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/12/2012 12:24 AM
Recommendations: 3
I ust thought it was funny that so many folks thought Romney won the debate when he told so many lies.... Apparently have a factual case does not count toward winning...

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823621 of 1956509
Subject: Re: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/12/2012 12:25 AM
Recommendations: 0
I ust thought it was funny that so many folks thought Romney won the debate when he told so many lies.... Apparently have a factual case does not count toward winning...

Sad commentary on our democratic process, but the debates are all about style, not substance.

Author: Gordon66 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823656 of 1956509
Subject: Re: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/12/2012 8:15 AM
Recommendations: 12
libs: a bunch of whiny cry babies when they lose...LOL

Thanks heavens we won't have to endure any whining from the right about last night's VP debate.

STEPHEN HAYES: "When he thanked Joe Biden, Biden was smirking. And I just think that came across as very disrespectful."
BRIT HUME: "It looked like a cranky old man, to some extent, debating a polite young man."

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN: "The smiles, the sneers ... it made Vice President Joe Biden -- someone who I typically like -- I thought he was very unlikable."

CHRIS WALLACE: "I don't believe I have ever seen a debate in which one participant was as openly disrespectful of the other."

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: "It was so disrespectful."

SEAN HANNITY: "At times, it was so uncontrollable, I was beginning to worry about him [Biden]."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/fox-news-biden-deba...

Pop quiz: Which is worse for America: A major candidate for office being a pathological liar in a debate format, or a major candidate for office not being properly "respectful" of another pathological liar in a debate format?

Gordon66

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823662 of 1956509
Subject: Re: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/12/2012 8:36 AM
Hilarious. And someone in the comments said that MSNBC said the same thing about Romney last week. Did they watch the commentary right after the Presidential debate last week? MSNBC nearly had a breakdown on how bad the President was. They did say Romney was a liar and rude (more or less) but they said Romney won the debate on style.

comments from the page:
T2: Rude and Crude That's what they say when you beat them with the facts and your views and they can't refute your arguments..
Good job, old man..

GirlFuturist Wow. Clear sign that Biden won this one then

gwntry WHERE were you people when Romney wouldn't even let the moderator talk!

billblow3 last week when lying Romney was doing it, he was in command, he was strong, he didn't take anything from them...now Biden does the same, he's rude, a cranky old man, and disrespectful...look FAUX you can't have it both ways...just face it...lying ryan just got beat.

Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823675 of 1956509
Subject: Re: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/12/2012 9:33 AM
I wonder why it is that the most devout Christians are the ones who seem to have the least qualms about this kind of behavior

Of all religious and philosophical groups, they as a group are the least likely to understand the issues and the least likely to question a fatherly authority figure.

Author: Gordon66 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823735 of 1956509
Subject: Re: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/12/2012 10:51 AM
Of all religious and philosophical groups, they as a group are the least likely to understand the issues and the least likely to question a fatherly authority figure.

I think that is part of it. But I think the main part of is that a large segment of the religiously devout -- and almost the entirely of the segment of religiously devout Christians that are actively engaged in Republican politics -- are all about domination and control, and the flip side, submission to authority. Any they don't really give a frik about how the goal of domination and control is achieved. So they do not particularly care how my lies Romney tells, and probably have never given much serious thought to just why is is that Satan is called The Father of Lies and the Great Deceiver.

But I, an atheist, have given much thought to it. Lying, once it gets beyond a certain threshold, makes it impossible for any kind of rational, meaningful communication to happen. If meaningful communication can't happen any more, a society is doomed.

Gordon

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823766 of 1956509
Subject: Re: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/12/2012 11:54 AM
xLife says

Sad commentary on our democratic process, but the debates are all about style, not substance.

It's worse than that. On the Right, the very definition of the word "fact" has mutated. Now it just means something that someone says, and you can agree with it or not depending on whether you like it or not. Likewise, in Rightspeak the word "truth" is not a philosophical term but an emotional one.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823787 of 1956509
Subject: Re: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/12/2012 12:18 PM
Recommendations: 1
It's worse than that. On the Right, the very definition of the word "fact" has mutated. Now it just means something that someone says, and you can agree with it or not depending on whether you like it or not. Likewise, in Rightspeak the word "truth" is not a philosophical term but an emotional one.

The most shocking lie was Biden claiming the the WH knew nothing about what was going on in Libya and had no knowledge about the security requests. Follow that up with the smiling and laughter when covering a topic that that resulted in the death of 4 Americans

The Libya remarks showed one of two things

Biden was full of BS

or

The obama office is so out of touch with the State Department it is shameful and dangerous.

Bears

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823823 of 1956509
Subject: Re: Debate 1: The Father of Lies Date: 10/12/2012 12:49 PM
The Libya remarks showed one of two things

Biden was full of BS

or

The obama office is so out of touch with the State Department it is shameful and dangerous.

Just as in the poll on Obama's job strategy for the next four years, I'm voting "all of the above".

But why did you specify "with the State Department"? You didn't need any specifier at all.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement