No. of Recommendations: 1
Nothing really earth-shattering from the debate, at least from what I saw. Of course the lefties are all hyped about the "binders full of women" meme, which is grist for the femi-nazi mill but other than that nobody cares. The Rose Garden thing... meh. Same with 0bama's "when I was President" gaffe, nobody will be basing their vote on that.

I don't think either side did anything to alienate people already supporting them, and maybe Romney did a bit better with arguing we need a change but that's an easier argument to make than "give me four more years to do what I said I'd do in three years!" but it's hard to believe that anyone is still undecided at this point so whomever they are actually leaning for probably gave them something they wanted to hear.

I should have watched the Tigers game, in other words. But hey, they won so one more win and they're in the World Series! Hopefully against the Giants, those Cards are too damn lucky.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 17
debate moderator cut off Romney just as he was making a point....saving Obama from being embarrassed.

Gave Obama 9% more time.

Threw softballs to Obama and hardballs to romney....

What an embarrassment but it was obvious from the start she was 'in love' with Obama and was going to protect him.

Even she got to 'select' the questions and the order.

Obama sounded like a tired professor repeating the same BS over and over again.....not engaged,not interesting, with no new material...... same old hackneyed stump speeches and his only defense was 'Bush left things so bad'......

Didn't do squat toward all the promises he made. immigration, SS reform, Medicare reform....all untouched despite total control with dem senate, dem House....

It all came out.

Verdict: Obama lost to himself....

t.
No. of Recommendations: 2
debate moderator interrupted Romney 28 times

debate moderator interrupted 'the One' only 9 times.

Was it fair?

Heck, no!

It's obvious how bias and how bad a moderator she was!

t
debate moderator interrupted Romney 28 times

debate moderator interrupted 'the One' only 9 times.

Was it fair?

The question should be not only on the fairness of moderator but whether Romney behaved in a way that required interruptions.

I think Romney is certainly capable of grace and nicety. Perhaps he thinks he doesn't have to be like that to the President.

I think you gotta respect the office and the man. It is one think David Letterman makes a joke about president but as a presidential candidate you cannot be rude.

There were few times he was clearly rude and directly confrontational. May be the competitive private equity side of him is coming out in these debates.

I think he tried to explain a well intentioned positon with Binders comment and it just didn't come out.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I think Romney is certainly capable of grace and nicety. Perhaps he thinks he doesn't have to be like that to the President.

I think you gotta respect the office and the man. It is one think David Letterman makes a joke about president but as a presidential candidate you cannot be rude.

Bullspit

it was a debate between two people after the same job

a moderator who treated them differently is doing an incredibly bad job

a citizen who believes they should be treated differently is an absolute idiot
CM001 wrote: I think you gotta respect the office and the man.

Not in a debate. Both men are equal.
No. of Recommendations: 2
CM001 wrote: I think you gotta respect the office and the man.

--------------------------------
I think it's amazing how fast it went from Biden being aggressive and not taking any BS from Ryan to Romney was being disrespectful.
I don't know. I particularly didn't like his comment on the first debate like "you can have a house, an airplane...".

To me it felt he was saying "you cannot be a president, yet you are, so you can get to be in white house, and use airforce one... but I am not going to treat you as a president".

Listen, I can understand that from Rush L, Sean H but not from Romney.

There were at least 3 occassions where he directly confronted President, not just looking at his side, but taking a step towards him. That was bit bizarre.

Sometimes, I am really split on this about Romney. You see his great family life, a life long charitable contributions, etc.

Yet, you also see a man who somehow makes comments like '47%" or other things. Is this the campaign makes a person commit such mistakes, just aberration or a window to his true self.

I don't know. You can argue about so many things that are wrong with Bush, but you cannot imagine Bush ever making such a comment. It is just not in his nature. I would not say that about Dick Cheney though.
a citizen who believes they should be treated differently is an absolute idiot
Idiot? Hmmm... Because you ahve a view point and anyone that doesn't have the same view you call names?

Poor baby. Learn some manners.

Also, I didn't say Obama should be treated differently. I was complaining about Romney's behaviour.
CM001 wrote: ...but I am not going to treat you as a president."

Why should he treat Obama as president when the whole world knows that Romney--as well as hundreds of thousands of voters--truly believe Obama shouldn't have been president in the first place.

Sorry...all bets are off on the debate stage.
truly believe Obama shouldn't have been president in the first place.
No. Obama was not their choice. It is not like "hanging chad" where you lost a popular vote, and won in a state where your brother is the governor and a supremem court sided with you.

Obama won fair and squire. So you treat him as President no matter what.

You disagree with him on policies and campaign agressively. That is different from I can be rude to you because I don't respect you. NO, Romney would never dare doing that to Clinton.
Advertisement