Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MsPoppy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 252  
Subject: Debits and Credits Date: 7/10/2003 7:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Do you find yourself doing mental accounting equation activities for things that are completely unrelated to accounting.

I.e. - I use all the milk in the fridge. I credit the asset milk and debit the milk expense. Maybe it's because of all the homework, but it's a little strange. It's like when I was learning typing and used to mentally type my thoughts.

Does anyone find that they think in "accounting"?

Cheers. Just opening some discussion jars:)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Maddjoka One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22 of 252
Subject: Re: Debits and Credits Date: 7/29/2003 3:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Yes and no. I definitely think of my household expenses on an accrual basis. Like if I have to draw some money out of savings for a once-a-year expense (vacation or Xmas gifts), then I kind of mentally break it down by monthly "depreciation."

I do find that it makes budgeting easier, because as a student, my income flow is kind of irregular, and as I said, some expenses are seasonal for most everybody.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only crazy one.

--
MJ

Author: MsPoppy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24 of 252
Subject: Re: Debits and Credits Date: 7/29/2003 5:13 PM
Recommendations: 1
It's nice to know that I'm not the only crazy one

So many people think I'm nuts because I like this stuff. Giggle.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement