Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: guyturck Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121095  
Subject: Dec tax deadline? Date: 12/17/1997 6:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anybody know the December deadline date for taking tax profit and/or losses on the sale of stocks? I'm refering to the final day on which, for tax purposes, profits or losses can be taken for the year. Micheal O'Higgins refers to this date in Beating The Dow-Advanced Method... Year-End Tax Loss Victims and the January Effect.
Thanks, GT
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 936 of 121095
Subject: Re: Dec tax deadline? Date: 12/17/1997 7:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
<< Does anybody know the December deadline date for taking tax profit and/or losses on the sale of
stocks?>>

I DO!!! I DO!!! I DO!!! I DO!!! (as I wave my arm wildly around for your attention)

<< I'm refering to the final day on which, for tax purposes, profits or losses can be taken for
the year.>>

That would be December 31, 1997...the last trading day in the year. Remember that when dealing with stocks, the TRADE date controls. The settlement date (which takes place three days after the trade date) is meaningless for tax purposes. So 12/31 is your key date.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 937 of 121095
Subject: Re: Dec tax deadline? Date: 12/17/1997 7:22 PM
<< Does anybody know the December deadline date for taking tax profit and/or losses on the sale of
stocks?>>

I DO!!! I DO!!! I DO!!! I DO!!! (as I wave my arm wildly around for your attention)

<< I'm refering to the final day on which, for tax purposes, profits or losses can be taken for
the year.>>

That would be December 31, 1997...the last trading day in the year. Remember that when dealing with stocks, the TRADE date controls. The settlement date (which takes place three days after the trade date) is meaningless for tax purposes. So 12/31 is your key date.

TMF Taxes
Roy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement