Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: FoolMeOnce Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5068  
Subject: Re: Nest Egg Principle Date: 6/4/2004 4:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 17
decath writes:

On the REHP board, I get blasted everytime I post this strategy, usually by people with horrific health. If I planned on $1000 per month "do everything health insurance", I would have to work a lot longer.

In the last few years my wife was diagnosed with an inherited liver disorder which at some point may require her to have a transplant. I was diagnosed with an inherited genetic disorder which eventially will rob me of a major portion of my central vision. I have $3000 laser treatments on my retinas several times a year. My wife is currently participating in a clinical trial.

A healthy vegan lifestyle would not have prevented either condition from occurring. A healthy lifestyle is good, but it guarantees nothing. Perhaps you would refer to us as having "horrific" health. But, the day before we were diagnosed, we (like you) considered ourselves perfectly healthy. Good luck with your "plan". You may need it.

Regards,
FMO
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement