Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CheersSRX One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: Decedent Signature on Tax Return Date: 2/26/2012 9:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My dad passed away in 2011 and we are now ready to file his tax return. Mom is still alive, but has dementia. I have two questions.

1. As executor for my father, could you please confirm that I should sign the return for him, and indicate that I am the executor (or personal representative)?

2. Since my mom is not capable of signing as spouse, should I also sign for her, since I have Power Of Attorney for her?

Thanks!
Cheers!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115246 of 121219
Subject: Re: Decedent Signature on Tax Return Date: 2/26/2012 10:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
My dad passed away in 2011 and we are now ready to file his tax return. Mom is still alive, but has dementia. I have two questions.

1. As executor for my father, could you please confirm that I should sign the return for him, and indicate that I am the executor (or personal representative)?

2. Since my mom is not capable of signing as spouse, should I also sign for her, since I have Power Of Attorney for her?

Yes on both fronts.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

Author: CheersSRX One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115247 of 121219
Subject: Re: Decedent Signature on Tax Return Date: 2/27/2012 6:17 AM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks, Phil.
Cheers

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement