UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: FuskieFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 373  
Subject: Decisions Date: 5/28/2003 2:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, I have decided. After reading dozens of reviews on Amazon, ePinions, Letstalk.com and others I have decided that today I am going to purchase a Nokia 3650 phone with the T-Mobile National Get More Plus with 600 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and unlimited weekends for $39.99 and $35 activation. With mail-in rebates from Amazon and T-Mobile, the phone is free.

I compared this phone to the Sony Ericsson T68i (also free with the $29.99 Basic Plus plan). The Nokia is a camera/video phone with polyphonic ringers, big 4096 color screen, bluetooth/IR connectivity, WEP with built in java, html, and Real Video support. Sure it is a little large, but with the bluetooth it may never leave my briefcase. I can get a USB Bluetooth device for my laptop for only $40, and the Palm Tungsten T I am doing all this for will cost only $270. Internet access will run $9.99 for 2MB or $19.99 for 10MB.

The SE T68i has a bad reputation for receiption and user interface. The smaller screen has only 256 colors, limited memory (16MB expandable card in the Nokia), and a slow menu system, plus problems with keylock. It is also bluetooth enabled and gets high marks for battery life, but it appears that a few more electrons should be directed to the antenna. The SE is a year old while the Nokia is relatively new. Both are available on T-Mobile through Amazon, but only the Nokia is officially supported.

The deal expires 5/28 and other than not really thinking I need 600 anytime and unlimited night minutes, I can not see anything wrong with it.

Any last minute gotcha's?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Wireless Buyer's Guide Page
Shopping, or just curious? Everything you need to know about wireless and mobile communication is here.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement