No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, I have decided. After reading dozens of reviews on Amazon, ePinions, Letstalk.com and others I have decided that today I am going to purchase a Nokia 3650 phone with the T-Mobile National Get More Plus with 600 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and unlimited weekends for $39.99 and $35 activation. With mail-in rebates from Amazon and T-Mobile, the phone is free.

I compared this phone to the Sony Ericsson T68i (also free with the $29.99 Basic Plus plan). The Nokia is a camera/video phone with polyphonic ringers, big 4096 color screen, bluetooth/IR connectivity, WEP with built in java, html, and Real Video support. Sure it is a little large, but with the bluetooth it may never leave my briefcase. I can get a USB Bluetooth device for my laptop for only $40, and the Palm Tungsten T I am doing all this for will cost only $270. Internet access will run $9.99 for 2MB or $19.99 for 10MB.

The SE T68i has a bad reputation for receiption and user interface. The smaller screen has only 256 colors, limited memory (16MB expandable card in the Nokia), and a slow menu system, plus problems with keylock. It is also bluetooth enabled and gets high marks for battery life, but it appears that a few more electrons should be directed to the antenna. The SE is a year old while the Nokia is relatively new. Both are available on T-Mobile through Amazon, but only the Nokia is officially supported.

The deal expires 5/28 and other than not really thinking I need 600 anytime and unlimited night minutes, I can not see anything wrong with it.

Any last minute gotcha's?
Print the post Back To Top
Have you checked airtime coverage in your travel areas?

How about connectivity with your computer?

Is this a 1 or 2 year plan and what are your severance penalties?

Otherwise souds great! Let us know what you think!

Julie
Have you checked airtime coverage in your travel areas?

How about connectivity with your computer?

Is this a 1 or 2 year plan and what are your severance penalties?

Man, I checked out so many thngs my friends and family have disowned me. Even spent the Braves game last night reading over 100 reviews of the two phones (and I was at the game!).

I get in-network coverage in Atlanta, Lake Lanier (North GA), Daufuskie Island (South Carolina), and Orlando (Disney World), as well as data connectivity.

I have bluetooth connectivity with my soon-to-be-new PDA, and I purchased a cheap USB bluetooth adapter for my laptop/desktop. I should be surfin' until I am blue in the tooth - er - face.

It is a 1 year plan with a $200 cancellation fee. Hard to avoid that these days.
Advertisement