UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: hollisv Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3078  
Subject: Decluttering for charity Date: 10/25/2001 6:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Warning: Long post

Hi all,

I was just in our floor's community kitchen and saw a notice on the bulletin board about Little Lambs Ministry, an organization that collects clothes, shoes and hygiene supplies for very needy Ukranian children. I won't go into all the details, but if you'd like more information, e-mail me and i can fax you the flier (which, btw, made me cry!) or give you the coordinator's telephone number so you can go straight to the source.

The things the ministry is asking for are many things we give away to <insert name of favorite thrift store here> all the time. If you'd like a change of pace, please consider sending the following items to the ministry:

- Quilts and blankets (twin size)*
- Towels*
- Stuffed animals*
- Happy Meal toys
- Matchbox cars
- Flashlights with batteries
- Colored pencils
- Yo-yos
- Coloring books
- Crayons
- Balls*
- Kazoos
- Stickers
- Glue sticks*
- Soap (bath size)*
- Toothpaste (4.6 oz.)*
- Toothbrush*
- Washcloth*
- Comb or brush*
- Sturdy shoes up to adult size 9 (boots, gym shoes*, penny loafers, hiking boots*, running shoes, low tops, leather shoes, tennies, pull-ons, high tops)

Clothing size 4-16 (new or like-new condition):
- Jeans
- T-shirts*
- Shorts
- Sweatshirts
- Jackets*
- Blouses
- Sweaters
- Sweatshirts
- Fleece vests/jackets
- Hats*
- Gloves/mittens*
- Underwear (preferably new)
- Socks (preferably new)

I've starred the items that i know we have just sitting around our house gathering dust. Some of them are even trade show things! This has actually gotten me excited about cleaning out my closets this weekend, a chore i've been putting off for what seems like decades (and i'm only 31). Is that wrong?!

:)

The main problem would be shipping it to Washington (Gig Harbor is near Tacoma, btw) by December 15th, but hopefully that won't deter everyone. (If you happen to be nearby, you can drop it off directly at the church.) If not Little Lambs, there are no doubt countless local charities looking for the same items.

Regardless, the Little Lambs Ministry address is:

c/o Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church
P.O. Box 829
Gig Harbor, WA 98335

They, of course, also accept monetary donations! Make checks payable to Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church, with a note designating it for Little Lambs Ministry - mail it to the same address above.

hollisv
also posted this on the Get Organized! board
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement