This year we had a burglary. Google brings a result saying such losses are deductible if they meet various conditions including they exceed 10% of AGI.I have healthcare costs also and they also have the 10% of AGI limitation.For purposes of understanding, just say the Healthcare costs at 7.5% of AGI and the burglary loss of 7.5% of AGI.Do I get zero deductions? (neither exceeded the 10% level) or Do I get a 5% deduction since the combined items exceed AGI by 5%?Finally on the chance one can combine items that must exceed the 10% AGI yes, am I correct in believing all such items can be combined?Here is hoping I have no such losses in 2014!
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Ra