Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I was filing out my tax forms and came across an area where I was asked: "Did you incur auto expenses for your job." It then stated: "for example, standard mileage rate deductions, gas, oil, repairs, depreciation, lease payments, etc."

I just work at a regular old office job, so I suppose I could take a bus or bike to work if I wanted. Anyway, my question is, can I deduct these expenses?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.