Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121221  
Subject: Deduction for energy star items? Date: 2/9/2009 2:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
During 2008 we replaced our HVAC system with a pair of 3-ton Lennox Energy Star systems. I've been going through www.irs.gov and am finding it hard to distinguish between what docs pertain to what years so I'm not sure what deductions or credits I can get.

Has anyone here researched this recently and, if so, can you give some guidance as to what the story is or where to look?

BG
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 104384 of 121221
Subject: Re: Deduction for energy star items? Date: 2/9/2009 6:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
During 2008 we replaced our HVAC system with a pair of 3-ton Lennox Energy Star systems. I've been going through www.irs.gov and am finding it hard to distinguish between what docs pertain to what years so I'm not sure what deductions or credits I can get.

The only residential energy credit still available for 2008 was solar panels.

Phil

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 104391 of 121221
Subject: Re: Deduction for energy star items? Date: 2/9/2009 10:10 AM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks, Phil.

Just my luck *sigh*.

BG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement