Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hollerg Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120788  
Subject: Deductions for Nursing home care Date: 3/30/2000 12:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What limits or restrictions are there for nursing home or convalence center care deductions? I am not sure if these constitute a medical expense.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RooCat Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33016 of 120788
Subject: Re: Deductions for Nursing home care Date: 3/30/2000 1:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
What limits or restrictions are there for nursing home or convalence center care deductions? I am not sure if these constitute a medical expense.

If an individual is in a nursing home or a home for the aged because of his physical condition and the availability of medical care is a principal reason for his presence there, the entire cost of maintenance, including meals and lodging is deductible as a medical, schedule A, expense.

Author: LeoKam Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33027 of 120788
Subject: Re: Deductions for Nursing home care Date: 3/30/2000 8:12 AM
RooCat is correct. I had Power of Attorney for my parents and was able to deduct entire cost of nursing home care.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement