Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dowbuys Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 253  
Subject: Deep Value Date: 2/8/2005 2:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As a deep value investor, KG has caught my attention. I have a "downside" price target of $10.55, which means the stock is trading slightly above my target. The fundamental indicators I watch closely show improvement in most areas.

At its peak in 2001 KG traded at 6 times book whereas today it's trading at 1.18 times shareholder equity.

From a technical perspective, KG is trading at some pretty good support levels it has bounced off of 3 times in the last 2 years.

Of course, there's bad news out there, too. Otherwise the stock would be trading at much higher levels. This is what makes value investing such a wonderful challenge!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LiveFromHopkins Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 243 of 253
Subject: Re: Deep Value Date: 4/12/2005 6:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If you happened to listen to their conference call today, you would have heard that KG is a totally changed company. New people, new business model, new location (New Jersey). All they could project today was smoke and hope.

I think I will no longer follow them. I made a good bit of money on the ride up and left before the crash. But this company is nothing like it was before. Too bad, I thought that if managed properly it was a pretty good business model - but that model is gone from King.

Phil

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement