I came into DAB at around 18 or so with 3 diffrent buy dates at about that same price. I watched as the stock wendt to almost but just short of 30. Then the annoucment of Thursday August 26th 1999 came out. I had been mugged and shot, the stock had been violated and I lost a lot of equity on the next day of trading. So what did I do. Sold my BNI stock and bought as many shares of DAB as the proceeds would allow at about 13. Opps goofed there too! I sold a losing stock for more shares of another losing stock. I truely had faith that DAB was going to turn it around this quarter. They were to going to show them idiots! So the question is "At what temperature and for how long do you cook Crow". The pictures of me eating the crow will be extra. I need the funds! More seriously. I not going to bail yet. I have the money in the stock and while shaken I still believe that they have a good popular product. It needs just a lot better execution and less overhead. With the Pacific Rim now open and more in Europe things do look brighter. I think the decision to not expand more then 4 stores next year is wise and positive. Let's get the debt down some and take good care of the ones that are already open. If the stock recovers somewhat or begins other positive things begin to happen I probably double my current stake in the company. In the meantime my 5 or so year time line with this stock looks okay as long as there are no new disasters on the horizon. Coporate headquarters is just down the road from here and I do tend to drop in now and then to check on things. I definitally will be going to the stock holders meeting whenever!
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Rat