Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bjsmothers Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 294  
Subject: Deferred annuities pitched to seniors Date: 7/26/2001 7:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A 76 year-old relative was just enticed to take $100,000 of his savings and "invest" it in a 5-year deferred annuity. He was dissuaded from putting it in a 3, 4 or 5 year CD paying between 3.9 and 4,25%. The annuity pays 5%.

I am trying to convince him to back out of the transaction. What ar some good arguments that I can use?

BTW, the insurance company is GE Financial.

Thanx.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jrr7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125 of 294
Subject: Re: Deferred annuities pitched to seniors Date: 7/27/2001 3:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Try asking on the "Insurance" board and the "Retirement Investing" board -- the "Retirement" board is pretty much dead.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement