Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
this year i had an amount deducted "tax deferred" from my salary. the amount is noted on the payroll information part of the check as a reduction. at the end of the year on my w-2 the gross income does not reflect the "reduced" income; rather it shows the full gross pay. am i supposed to show the reductions on my 1040 tax form somewhere? i owe alot of additional tax because not enough was taken out, i think because of the deferred income. what should i do now?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.