Last year I made 2 purchases of furniture in which I took advantage of the "no interest for a year deal". I have been making payments thru the year of $20 and $50 so that I have about halved the outstanding balance. The no interest option expires in June. I have a small portfolio of stocks (value around $2000) that, if I sell them, would net a loss of about $200 on my original investment, but would pay off both purchases.So, question is, should I sell the stocks now, take the loss and pay off these 2 purchases or keep the stocks, see what happens with the market and sell right before I get nailed with a year's worth of interest? (If I sell the stocks now, that gives me an extra $70 a month to pay off credit card balances, but if I don't, the stocks may soar). I am trying to decide if this is a classic case of "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". I am looking for the most Foolish approach :).
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Ra