UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stringerjj Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75383  
Subject: Deferring Taxes Date: 1/9/2001 9:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm maxed out on my 401K contributions, and we put $2,000 each (my wife and I) in Roth IRAs. Is there anywhere else we can rathole some money with some tax breaks?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27073 of 75383
Subject: Re: Deferring Taxes Date: 1/10/2001 5:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I'm maxed out on my 401K contributions, and we put $2,000 each (my wife and I) in Roth IRAs. Is there anywhere else we can rathole some money with some tax breaks?

If there are stocks or tax-efficient mutual funds that you want to invest in for the long haul, the fact that the investment is in a taxable account won't necessarily mean much current tax. Capital gains are not taxed until you sell, and then at favored rates if you've held for more than a year.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Hot off the press! Check out The Motley Fool Investment Tax Guide 2001. It comes complete with a money-back guarantee. (Sorry, the steak knives are extra.)

http://www.foolmart.com/Shopping/Product_View.asp?PRODUCT_ID=MF030_02

Author: UncleLee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27077 of 75383
Subject: Re: Deferring Taxes Date: 1/10/2001 9:41 AM
Is there anywhere else we can rathole some money with some tax breaks?

======================================================

If your employer offers a "Cafeteria Plan," you could add pre-tax $$$ to pay for expected medical expenses and/or health insurance premiums, and child daycare costs within the calendar year.

Lee

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement